6. Becoming Nana. This tiny little bundle of energy named Ronan Mannix, 15 months old, brings me such incredible joy. When I became a mother, there was a love set free in me that had not existed before babies came. When I became Nana, an extra love-layer was added – that I didn’t know was there. Everybody needs to try it 😉
7. Taking back my name. My maiden name, that is. I’ve wanted to do it for years, but was hesitant, not wanting to have a different name than my kids. When they got to the age of understanding and were all fine with it, I took back my name. I feel like I’m back in my own skin, somehow. And Harbridge is a great name!
8. Graduating College! It took graduating College (in my forties) to make me finally realize that hey, I was not stupid, after all! And then, years later, (age 55) receiving a Certificate from Royal Roads University! Not only am I NOT stupid, I’m actually pretty darn smart!
9. Finding true forgiveness. I know it is TRUE because I can now think of those I was unforgiving towards with love, and kindness, and compassion. I can now wish them well. I have no more animosity towards them. That’s the kind of forgiveness that God brings us to, if we are open enough to want it. That’s the kind of forgiveness God gives to us. That’s the kind of forgiveness I prayed for.
10. Finally realizing that, even without a man, I could figure my life out. Every day. Every challenge. Every situation. I figured it out. Me, myself, and I. I am capable of doing my own life.